Here is the 2017 Australian GP Preview with the race only 3 days away. What will be the out-come in Qualifying and more importantly, the race.
- Lap record: 1:24:125, Michael Schumacher, 2004
- Laps: 58
- Circuit length: 3.295 miles
- Race distance: 191.117 miles
- Corners: 16
- First held: 1996
- Tyre compounds: Soft, Supersoft and Ultrasoft
History of the Australian GP
The country first held its first grand prix in 1985 in Adelaide. The next years and Nigel Mansell suffered a tyre blow out which cost him the world championship that year. In 1994, Adelaide also saw Damon Hill and Michael Schumacher collided and saw Schumacher take his first world championship. The venue for the Australian grand prix changed to Melbourne in 1996.
Best debut drives
- Kevin Magnussen – McLaren – 2014 – 2nd
- Lewis Hamilton – McLaren – 2007 – 3rd
- Mark Webber – Minardi- 2002 – 5th
- Felipe Nasr – Sauber – 2015 – 5th
- Kimi Raikkonen – Sauber – 2001 – 6th
Qualifying is on Saturday 25th March and the Race is on Sunday 26th March. Look out for Twitter and Facebook posts by myself over the course of the race weekend regarding to when each post goes up about the Qualifying and the Race.